Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hello

Today I posted a new concept drawing of a sidewalk that is needed near the TRU residence. It is a major issue and I have even talked to disability services and the the people in facilities about getting it designed and put into place.

For two years now students and myself have to travel down the road instead of using a sidewalk. The reason for this? Because there isnt a sidewalk existing between the C.A.C. and the TRU residence. This has to be dealt with soon or someones goign to get hurt there.

I also added a little pic to my abstract...its not much but it speaks volumes about what I am trying to get across.

3 comments:

  1. o wow yea i wasnt even aware of that there i rarely walk down that way my self but i can see it being a big problem and i am surprised it hasnt been fixed yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,
    I am totally in agreement with you with the no sidewalk from Residence to the CAC. I don't know how many times that I have walked through there and have almost gotten hit by some driver not being able to see me. The whole parking lot concept really sucks!

    The other area that bugs me is the one sidewalk between the CAC and the Arts building, the slope is extremely steep and I can just picture you, one day when it's cold and icey, flying right into that tree! Something definatly needs to be done. Well done Chris! Good luck with the rest of your research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha...Do you remember the ice rain we had last year Kari? I almost flew off the embankment that day, they also need railings there.

    ReplyDelete